The City of Elk Point is hiring a new Library Director. Please apply online at https://elkpoint.org/employment/ or pick up an application at City Hall.
The Community Library Director Position includes;
SUMMARY: The Community Library Director is responsible for the day to day operations of the City/School Library and for maintaining accreditation through the state of South Dakota. This position works jointly with the School Librarian on the selection of library materials, planning and oversight of library programs and services, the financial management of the library and the selection, training and supervision of library staff hired by the City of Elk Point.
- Select and purchase books, multimedia materials, and computer software.
- Catalog and classify materials.
- Promote the use and value of the library.
- Develop and provide preschool and adult programming, including a summer reading program.
- Repair, maintain, and discard items as needed to maintain the collection.
- Collect library statistics; maintain circulation and usage records.
- Purchase library and maintenance supplies.
- Assist patrons with research and collection use.
- Create displays as needed.
- Oversee security and care of library facilities and materials.
- Maintain the library’s accreditation with the State of South Dakota; prepare an annual report as required.
- Manage, promote, and operate the Summer Reading Program
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Work Experience
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Two to five years of library management experience is preferred.
- Must have training/experience with budgets, financial management and purchasing.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.